Girl Scouts in Arizona 1920-1940
The Phoenix Girl Scouts were formed into the Maricopa Girl Scout Council in 1936. By 1968, the 50th Anniversary of Girl Scouting in Arizona, the Maricopa Girl Scout Council had grown into the Arizona Cactus-Pine Council (GS - ACPC) and covered the northern 2/3 of the state. In 1988, Dorothy Canfield Foster compiled a history of the GS - ACPC, relying on the artifacts and memory of Jean Clark, leader of Girl Scout Troop 1 for 50 years. Barbara Anderson, a Council staff member, was inspired by this history and later used it as a foundation for creating the Historical Society after her retirement in 1985.
Search within the collection: